12 January 2009

Not related to CAD but still techy

I hope to get back to CAD related postings this week but I feel compelled to sing (literally) the praises for Rock Band on whatever platform you so choose. Over the holidays I bought the family a Nintendo Wii and the games have been moderately entertaining for the kiddies. They have lots of other things to do so it doesn’t get a ton of use. Well something possessed me and I picked up Rock Band 2 after seeing people playing it during Autodesk University. It is quite amazing how a game with purpose-built technology can bridge all ages. This weekend was the first since getting it and although not yet past the EASY setting on drums or guitar, the game play is quite enjoyable. Saturday the whole family spent more than just a minute or two in the same room – shocking! It managed to attract my 17y old daughter out of her cave, and the 7 & 8y old kids didn’t argue (as much) during this time. I even managed to shred some tunes both on vocals and guitar. I’m sure some long dead rockers are now on their stomachs. Anyway, a big thumbs up! For a good time try it out yourself.

No comments: