13 April 2009

Time flies when your CADDing

The premier blogger on all that is Autodesk, Shaan Hurley, is also a photo enthusiast. Similarly he has a penchant for old versions of AutoCAD. Well he just posted an image capturing AutoCAD Release 14. What I found interesting is that he used a drawing I submitted to Autodesk on behalf of Steve Hegyesi in the Houston office of WPM. This drawing was in the installation package as part of the sample drawings.

This project has some very cool geometry. Basically a chopped off cone, then tilted at an angle. And being that it houses butterflies, special care had to be taken regarding the internal structure of the building.

3 comments:

R.K. McSwain said...

Hey David, I've been there many times. Did you work on this project?
Did you know the butterfly house exterior was briefly in a movie?

David Harrington said...

The only thing I did on it was check the geometry after CD's and before fabrication. I have been there twice personally. I didn't hear about a movie but for some reason that is familiar.

R.K. McSwain said...

Arlington Road (1999) - a few scenes were shot in a strip center next to our office and the main characters residence was shot in my subdivision at the time.