28 November 2009

AUGI Board Candidates Discussion Forum Open

Those that know me, know that Autodesk User Group International has been a big part of my professional career since 1994. I served on the Board of Directors (BoD) for 7 years and even spent one year as President. Since then I have remained on the sideline dutifully working on AUGIWorld and providing input when asked.

Well I'm trying to get into the game once again. AUGI has had a tough time since Sep 2008. It parted ways with SolidVapor (management company) and has struggled in this economy just as others have done. I believe I have the experience and vision to aid AUGI get back it's footing so I am running for the Board of Directors, for the 2010-2011 term.

This time around is again typical AUGI, full of power plays, politics, and drama galore. It is quite amazing how once you put on the volunteer hat that your passion for a given issue is magnified tenfold. The cool part is that I've been there and I think I can handle it once again.

This time around there are 8 open seats on the BoD with 2 returning, the new Board will be like a new football team, brimming with energy and drive. The potential is truly amazing! Unlike recent BoD elections, the ballot will not be a slate of names just up for a yes/no vote but rather a ranked ballot with 9 names for 8 slots. Someone will not make it, which is quite a shame because there are some great candidates (myself included of course)!

Joining AUGI is free, and becoming informed about the upcoming election is easy. Read about the candidates here! Then after Autodesk University, AUGI will hold the election and which you can return to the website and cast your votes! Vote for me, or not, but if you read this blog I very much hope you vote. Only with a high voter turnout will the newly elected BoD have the confidence in themselves that they have the complete backing of the membership, to do whatever it takes, and to steer AUGI in even better directions.

Catch me at Autodesk University and say "HI". Live long and prosper!

Just saw Star Trek 2009 - it rocks!

1 comment:

David Harrington said...

Sorry, I don't understand this language.